Moosa is a close friend of mine.
Though we have not met for months, relation was growing strong due to the
telephone calls exchanged between us on a regular basis.
Our meeting after a long lacuna was a
pleasant experience. He embraced me with such an affection, I felt like a child
fondled by the mother.
During the conversation he told me
about his three daughters and their education. Time flies and I learned the
little one I saw years back as an infant
have now become a grown up girl who will be completing her school education and
proceeding for professional education. And it is here I felt the magnitude of
the magnanimity my friend was harboring. He was; and is a man of great
principles who does not believe in bribery, wasting hard earned money. He was
not ready to pay any “donation” to the concerned authorities to get admission;
and yet wanted his daughter to become a doctor – the wish was not for selfish
reason, to get back what he invested in and much more. He wanted his daughter to
serve the poor and needy. And that he expressed not in any bombastic style, but
in simple words, with all sincerity. I was moved. The respect and affection I
had towards him earlier increased manifold.
I remembered the old adage – the
silver lining in the darkest of clouds.
In a dark world ruled by corruption, hoarding,
undiluted selfishness, there are still such silver linings, such Moosas who
stand on their ideals and ready to prepare their wards for the service of the society.
What a noble soul. Such unpretentious people are the backbones of the family,
society, country and the whole world.
No comments:
Post a Comment